Sunday, March 04, 2007

Home Alone......

Hello all,

So what's been happening? Not much, I'm still home alone and missing my princess alot, however as I promised her before she went back to Australia I would fill some time writing on the blog so here goes...

While Alahna has been away I've been trying to keep myself busy, mostly by going to the pub, and hanging around with mates, not to mention the constant chores around the house. So as you can probably gather it has been rather quite around here. I spent a weekend with a work mate in Essex which was a good break from home (hello Tom), Dave and I went for a casual stroll across the famous zebra crossing on Abbey Road, and hopefully I'll be playing golf next weekend up north around Newcastle with another mate, so I do have a few plans to keep me busy, and pass the time. Also managed to fit in a few drunk phone calls to some good mates back home (sorry Damo & Sarah) getting a bit home sick, especially with the girlie away.

I also spent a small fortune (sorry bub) on a trip away for ANZAC Day once Alahna returns, so far I have booked our flights and a 5 day tour to ANZAC cove in Turkey. The plan is to arrive in Istanbul on the 21st of April then bus our way to Gallipoli for the dawn service on the 25th, before leaving on the 27th. If anyone in interested in where we'll be going here's the link:

http://www.easyanzac.co.uk/booktourstp1.php?KEY=&TourID=10

The next really exciting thing for me is that my Mum and Keith will be arriving in London on the 22nd of March to spend a week with me doing all the touristy things that we can fit in, so I'm probably going to be spending the next week or so cleaning the pad so they don't think I'm as messy as I really am! So far we have a few plans for when they get here, like going to visit some of her old friends in Nottingham (Sherwood Forrest) and Bristol, hopefully going through Bath and Stonehenge, along with catching a show in the west end, visiting a few of mum's old haunts from when she lived here 30 years ago, as well as the visiting some of the best attractions that London has to offer and I haven't had the chance to see yet. Hopefully Keith and I can also fit in a round of golf along the way. It will be great to see them again and more to the point an excuse to take a week off work! The last few days before they leave Alahna and her sister Mel will be arriving, which also coinsides with Mel's 30th birthday, so a good excuse for a celebration before they head back to America.

Alahna has been very busy since she left (I'm sorry about all the phone calls bub, just miss you!), starting with a 7 hour delayed flight out of Heathrow Airport, and an extended stop over in HongKong. She briefly got a chance to visit our good friends in Sydney and had a wonderful time (thanks Aneta & Matt), spent some quality time with our dog Cody (who didn't recognise her!) who is being well looked after by our mates Steve & Jane, and visited her cousins Sally, Mike and Artie, then shot off to Tassie for Mike and Amelia's wedding in the beautiful Binalong Bay on North East coast of Tasmania, which by all accounts was wonderful. She also got to spend some quality time with her parents Den and Ali whom she has been missing terribly since we left Australia. While in Tasmania the family got to travel up and down the East coast and check out all the beautiful places all the way down to Port Arthur and Eagle Hawk Neck, before going back to Hobart to catch up and meet some of my family. They had a great time staying at my sister Katie and her partner Andrew's new house, as well as seeing my other sister Elissa and my Nana Nea, and the Polegaj family.
At the moment Alahna is in Adelaide seeing all her old friends and spending some time with her family before heading off on another adventure to Africa with her sister, which is the trip of a lifetime they have always wanted to do together. They will first be going to Victoria Falls for a few days before heading off on a 2 week guided tour of beautiful eastern Africa (don't forget to take plenty of photo's girls!).

Anyway better get on with it all, I'll stick a few more random photos of our journeys on for you all to see where we've been in the last year.

Talk Soon
Miles.



The girls at Mike & Amelia's Wedding.


Me doing a one man Beatles impression!


Abbey Road Crossing & studios


Chinese New Year in China Town, London.


Our Bedroom when we arrived complete with sleeping bags


Says who? A Banksy piece near Brick Lane, London


Mike, Amelia, Alahna and I outside the Belagio in Vegas

A perfect couple in Rosarito, Mexico.

A storm coming over Nancy's Ranch in Tucson.

The front of Nancy's Ranch, Tucson.

Alahna & the giant at the renaissance Festival in Phoenix

Jim Morrison's grave in Paris, 35 year anniversary.

Eiffel Tower by night.

Mum, Keith, Alahna and I outside Disneyland.

Alahna & I standing dangerously close to the edge of the Grand Canyon.

Pam, Ed, Jim, Tyler, Alahna & I, Great friends in Mexico.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recap of our 1st year away.

11:48 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home